Catherine A. O’Toole is a writer and businesswoman living in Canada. She is working on two projects: a novel called DIRTY WORK and a book-length collection of poetry called JUNK STUFF. A number of Catherine’s stories and poems have been published in literary magazines.
- Jericho Writers – the UNWC. Feeling very fortunate, my tutor is Sam Jordison (Galley Beggar Press). This course started in September 2022 and runs until September 2023.
- CARMEN – this short story appears in The Fiddlehead, Winter Issue, No. 294. (JAN/FEB) 2023.
- My music recommendation (Bakar!) appears online in The Fiddlehead’s Stop! Look! Listen! section on their website
- Started flogging JUNK STUFF, the book of linked poems that began in Hoa’s workshop
- An autumn 2018 poetry workshop with Hoa Nguyen busted my brain open and poems have been tumbling out ever since. Let’s see what happens next…
- Galley Beggar Press inaugural Short Story Prize (2015) – I was awarded a special mention (and I cannot overstate how much this means to me). Again, no hyperlink evidence exists but I did save this,
Galley Beggar Press @GalleyBeggars
SHORT STORY PRIZE SPECIAL MENTION:
Catherine O’Toole, ‘Maddalena’
Jan 8, 2016
1 retweet 2 likes
- Quit writing. Started a company, IB TYPE Inc. Women got to work.
- Novel-writing and pitching (The Light Standard), novel/short-story-writing (Maddalena), pitching some more
You know the drill…
- Writers in Paradise – I attended this writers conference at Eckerd College in St. Petersburg, FL. Instructor, Dennis Lehane. Lesson learned? End each writing day knowing exactly what needs to happen next.
- Maddalena – this short story appears in Front&Centre, Issue #21. Black Bile Press, 2009.
- The Rules – this short story appears in Dandelion Magazine, Issue (34.2). Dandelion Magazine Society, 2009.
- Maddalena’s Beads – this short story appeared in IN MY BED Magazine, Vol. 1, Issue 1, April 2008. But that online-only lit mag has shuttered, and there is no hyperlink evidence to support this writing credit, so – if a tree falls in the forest…
- A number of my poems were published in Scarborough Fair while I was attending the University of Toronto. SF is the oldest campus literary magazine in Canada.
Catherine A. O’Toole is a writer living in Canada. She is working on two projects: a novel called DIRTY WORK and a book-length collection of poetry called JUNK STUFF. A number of Catherine’s stories and poems have been published in literary magazines. A graduate of the Humber School for Writers, she received her BA from the University of Toronto. In 2009, Catherine attended Writers in Paradise. She began her writing life as a poet. Catherine is co-Founder/Director @ibtype Formerly, Catherine worked in the textbook publishing industry, first as a sales representative and, finally, as an Acquisitions Editor with McGraw-Hill Ryerson. In 1992, she left publishing to live in France. She and her husband Ian worked as labourers on a goat farm near the Loire and, later, on an organic vegetable farm in Burgundy. This information is pertinent to the novel she has hiding in her valise…